Tender Detail :
The members of NAMA facility (NF) board have committed to finance NAMA Support Project (NSP) titled ‘Waste Solutions for a Circular Economy in India” to GIZ for a period of 5 years. The NSP is divided in to 2 phases of implementation. Phase 1 will operate for 1 year and phase 2 for 4 years. As part of the project five geographies are proposed including Bengaluru, Varanasi, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, Goa and Trichy.
The “Waste Solutions for a Circular Economy in India” includes the following key components:
Technical Assistance: At the city level it includes supporting setting up a role-model Source Segregation System, integration of the informal sector and capacity building of relevant stakeholders on effective MSW Management and support for accessing SBM etc.
Grant Funding Mechanism: This component includes providing partial CAPEX or OPEX financing for composting plants, Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) plants, Material Recovery Facilities, Recycling facilities and Bio-methanation Plants.
Risk Sharing Facility: This facility will be managed by a Financial Institution and provide guarantees for debt financing for MSW management facilities
The specific objectives of the assignment are as follows:
1. Conduct field survey for primary data collection (financial, social, logistical, quantitative & qualitative) for dry recyclables such as plastics, paper, cardboard, metals, waste cloth, etc. items for entire dry waste value chain starting from level of sources of generation, segregation, collection, storage, aggregation, transport, processing to dumping by surveying 3 cities in India.
2. Analyze primary data for establishing dry recyclables value chains and finding out strengths and weaknesses in it. It is further required to provide recommendations to strengthen the value chains in form of a study report.
3. Provide over all recommendations which can assist cities to take appropriate policy decisions and introduce interventions in order to improve the current system by formalizing it.
Please refer to the bidding conditions and follow the instructions carefully.
The detailed documentation with regards to this call for proposals includes:
• The Terms of Reference for the Assignment
• Assessing Eligibility of Firms
• The Technical Evaluation Grid
• Bidding Conditions
• Financial Bid Template
• The General Terms & Conditions of Contracts
|Special Note :
Tender timelines are:
Deadline to receive queries : 02nd February 2022
Clarifications to the queries received : 04th February 2022